In order to connect to WebEx and participate in a session, you will need to download and install a software add-on and set up your microphone and speakers. Please setup and test your connection to the WebEx classroom well in advance of the scheduled start time.
- Join the session
- Click the following Join the Session link on the right to navigate to the NLI WebEx Classroom home page. NOTE: You will not be able to enter the room until the session leader has entered. If the session leader has not entered the room, the name and email box will be grayed out.
- Ignore the generic NLI Classroom information about session dates and times, etc. Simply login by entering your name and email address in the form fields on the right-hand side of the page, and then selecting the Join Now button.
- Download and install the add-on (if not already done)
- If you have not already installed the add-on, you will be prompted to do so upon login. Select Download and Agree to begin the process, then follow the on-screen instructions. NOTE: This add-on is required.
- Once the add-on has been installed, your browser will automatically continue to the Webex Classroom. NOTE: Your browser may be set up to block add-ons. If you are prompted to enable the add-on, please do so.
- Select and test audio
- Once you enter the Classroom, an Audio Conference Box will appear. If you would like to use a phone for audio, select the Use Phone button. If you would like to use your computer speakers for audio, select Use Computer for Audio button.
- If you select Use Computer for Audio, test the audio by selecting Test speaker/microphone. Follow the prompts for testing. When this step is complete, you are ready to use the WebEx Classroom.
- Share your audio and video (if needed)
- If you need to speak during the session, unmute your microphone by clicking the microphone icon next to your name on the right-hand side of the screen. NOTE: In order to control microphone unmuting, the host will have to unmute your microphone first.
- If you would like to share video from your webcam, click the camera icon to the right of your name.
If you have a technical problem with WebEx, contact 4Help at 540-231-HELP (4357) or Submit A Ticket to 4help.